Super quick and delicious, these ‘scoffins’ are somewhere between a muffin and a scone.
- 1⁄2 cup fine almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup true arrowroot / tapioca starch
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C if fan-forced). Line a large tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together well.
- Form into approximately 12 balls (NOTE: the mixture is quite soft so the balls will be loose) and gently place onto tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown and allow to cool for a further 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve with an abundance of Quick Jam [See Making Peace Before You Eat, pg 32] and coconut yoghurt.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!