Berry Banana Tea Cake
Every time I bake this cake, people ask for the recipe. So here it is. A deliciously moist tea cake that never fails to impress and delight.
- 2½ cups almond meal
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 180o C and line a medium rectangle cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add eggs and beat well with a fork till creamy and light.
- Add almond meal, desiccated coconut, coconut cream and rice malt syrup. Mix well.
- Tip contents into prepared cake tin and sprinkle with berries.
- Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is cooked in the centre.
- Leave to cool in tin, then carefully lift out and cut into squares.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!