Cauliflower Fried Rice
I love this recipe. The use of cauliflower instead of rice brings a lightness, as well as a unique flavour and texture. It is wonderful as a main or a side dish.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice ½ lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons tamari [P]
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, well chopped
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook onions in a large frying plan on medium heat till soft (approximately 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into manageable pieces and then, using the large side of the grater, grate the cauliflower to resemble rice-size granules. You can also use a food processor to mill it into shape.
- Add cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and tamari to the onions in the frying pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the carrot is just soft.
- Add lemon juice, coriander, coconut cream and season with salt and pepper.
- For best results serve immediately with a good drizzle of olive oil.Optional (non-vegan) extra: Add sliced-up omelette.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!