Chocolate Coconut Almond Cake
This recipe is great to have on hand if you are needing to make something gluten and dairy free and a bit special. It’s quick to make, looks beautiful, and is seriously delicious.
- 150ml (120g) coconut oil
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder [P], sifted
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract [P]
- 1 1/3 cups (150 grams) almond meal
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal or Celtic sea salt
- ¾ cup real maple syrup
- 4 large organic free range eggs
- Gently melt coconut oil on a low heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 170°C if using a fan-forced oven. Grease a 22cm springform tin with a little coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Combine ground almonds, sifted cocoa, desiccated coconut and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine evenly.
- Combine eggs, maple, coconut cream, vanilla and melted (cooled) coconut oil in a large bowl and whisk for about 30 seconds, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the almond mixture and carefully fold through until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until the centre is firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in its tin on a cooling rack.
- NOTE: This cake works beautifully with a thick layer of Chocolate Ganache
Like This Recipe?
Get your copy of my Brand New cookbook. I've even got some special signature recipes to send you the moment you order.