Creamy Sweet Potato Dahl
Sweet potato gives this dish a lovely texture, lightens it up and brings a delicious sweetness.
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 300g sweet potato, grated (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder or fresh grated
- Good pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- [Night] Soak split red lentils overnight in 3 cups of water.
- [Next Day] Strain off soaking water and rinse well. Set aside.
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a medium/ large pot.
- Add ginger and turmeric powder and fry gently.
- After 30 seconds add all other ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a moderate to low setting. Allow dahl to cook with the lid on for 40-50 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with extra salt and pepper as needed.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!