Crunchy Almond Cookies
A good cookie recipe is a must-have in the repertoire. This one is filled with almonds, sweetened with maple and has a perfect crunch.
- 1½ cups almond meal [P]
- ½ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot [P]
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Good pinch of Himalayan crystal or Celtic sea salt
- 4 tablespoons (70g) coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 170°C if using a fan-forced oven. Line two baking trays with baking paper then set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in bowl. Add coconut oil, tahini and maple syrup and mix well through.
- Taking one tablespoon at a time, roll in a rough ball and flatten gently between palms, then place on the baking tray. Continue until all the mixture has been used up. Make sure you leave a 5cm gap between each biscuit as they will expand as they bake.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, then leave to cool completely on tray.
- These biscuits are tempting to eat while cooling, but they’re even better cooled and crunchy!
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!