Lemon and Coconut Vegetable Curry
A simple and fresh curry, full of flavour. Serve with a light protein such as fish or chicken.
- 1⁄4 Jap pumpkin (approximately 400g), skinned and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1⁄2 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized orets
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon nely-grated ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 11⁄2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Tamari to taste
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté cumin seeds and ginger in ghee in a large pan.
- Add chopped vegetables and stock. Cover with lid and allow to simmer until vegetables are soft - approximately 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, lemon juice, coconut cream and season with salt, pepper and tamari.
- Simmer for a few more minutes until the broccoli is just soft.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Serve immediately.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!