Sweet Potato, Lime and Chilli Soup
Zingy with lime, sparkling with cayenne and satisfying with sweet potato. This soup will have you coming back for more.
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1.2 kg sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ limes, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons tamari
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1¼ litres filtered water
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Himalayan or Celtic Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions with coconut oil or ghee in a medium/large pot until nice and soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Blend using a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!