Tempeh Caesar Salad
I have been making this salad for yoga retreats for the last 6 years and it’s always a favourite. It’s fresh, creamy and has wonderful texture throughout.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 300g tempeh (plain), cut into small cubes
- Tamari for seasoning
- Medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves, washed and dried
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into thin slices
- 4 organic free range eggs
- ½ cup Seeded Mustard Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place tempeh cubes on lined tray and drizzle with tamari and coconut oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a small pot of water to boil with the lid on.
- Once boiling, remove lid and carefully lower eggs into the pot using a large spoon (careful not to break the shell). Set the timer for 7.5 minutes.
- When the timer is finished, remove eggs from pot using a large spoon and place in a dish of cold water to slow the cooking process.
- Place broccoli florets into the pot of boiling water. Boil for a minute or two until you notice the broccoli turn a deep shade of green. Remove and set aside.
- On a large platter, lay out the salad leaves and sprinkle half the tempeh over the leaves. Scatter the broccoli and the remainder of the tempeh.
- Peel the boiled eggs, slice into quarters and arrange over the top.
- Finish with the slices of avocado and dollops of Seeded Mustard Mayonnaise.
- Serve immediately.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!