Put-it-on-Everything Tomato Chutney
One of the most versatile recipes you’ll find. It works brilliantly on top of frittatas, as a pizza sauce or as a ketchup.
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 700g tomato passata [P]
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Good crack of black pepper
- Sauté red onion in coconut oil or ghee on a low heat for approximately 5-10 minutes or until nice and soft.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, dates, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the sauce thickens and dates have dissolved.
- Allow to cool, then seal and store in refrigerator.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!