Spinach Egg Slice with Roast Tomatoes
A satisfying, nourishing breakfast option. The coconut cream in this recipe gives the cooked slice a beautiful texture.
- 8 large organic free-range eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- Good pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Parsley or fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Line a small baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg with salt, pepper and coconut cream for approximately 30 seconds.
- Spread baby spinach evenly along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Gently pour egg mix on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the centre of the slice is rm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthways and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until nice and soft.
- When cooked, allow to rest out of the oven for 5 minutes before slicing in quarters.
- Serve hot with a roast tomato half on top of each slice. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!