Sweet Potato Savoury Slice
This recipe is a favourite when I’m catering yoga retreats. It’s delicious, quick to make and just hits the spot.
- 500g sweet potato
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 cloves garlic, nely grated
- 1 cup almond meal
- 6 eggs
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil or at-leaf parsley, nely chopped
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 180oC. Line a medium- sized springform cake tin and set aside.
- Grate sweet potatoes on largest-option side of grater. Set aside.
- Grate zucchinis on largest-option side of grater. Add to sweet potato and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tip contents of bowl into baking dish and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the centre of the bake is rm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before gently sliding the slice out onto the bench. Cut into 6 large pieces or smaller as desired.
- Top with Put-it-on-Everything Tomato Chutney and sprigs of basil or parsley to serve.
Like This Recipe?
Order your copy of the Love Life and Gluten Free cookbook today!